Glimpses of the Past; Heritage of the Old South will be going to the printers sometime this week. It is down to the content evaluation. If it passes and approved, it will be sent to the printers. Few historical novels of the Civil War era have been written before with a heartfelt manner. Tragedies, love of family and patriotic duty are woven into the book. A must-read for historians and history bluffs. I will update when book goes to next stage, pricing and designs.
Thank you, V-Rob, for nominating me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. I am happy to accept the nomination and appreciate your consideration. Please visit his blog to see beautiful photos, read interesting stories and musical theme. He is a guitarist, musician and songwriter. If you get a change, please visit his blog at https://weight2lose2013.wordpress.com/.The Chinese dragon is a mythical creature in East Asian culture that has long been a symbol of great power … Dragons are extremely loyal to friends and family. (from scientificpsychic.com). Ever since I was a little girl, I have been fascinated with dragons, their mystic power and mythical stories. I’ve learned that dragons are extremely loyal creatures. Loyalty is a hallmark of friendship, and a trait that allows friendships endure through good times and bad.
Here are the rules for this:
1. Accept award with thanks.
2. Give your readers 5 facts about you.
3. Nominate other bloggers and let them know.
Five facts about me:
1.) I traveled quite a bit several years ago. The only places I haven’t traveled to are countries in Asia, Africa and Australia. I would love to visit Turkey or Egypt one day.
2.) My favorite pastime is watching British sitcoms and episodes. I’ve gotten lazy in early retirement.
3.) My philosophy in life is to enjoy it. Important to keep that in mind. One of my ambitions is to be able to parachute out of an airplane (on bucket list).
4.) I find comfort in writing for various reasons – emotional, mental, therapeutic, aspiring and encouraging.
5.) I’ve only been married once but have had two serious relationships in my life. Both completed my life and satisfying at the time.
My nominees are:
Please don’t feel like you have to participate, but I hope you do. It’s a great way to meet new bloggers. Some of these bloggers are new to me, but they’re all wonderful blogs. I hope that you enjoy their blogs as much as I do.
I am not that new to blogging but I feel privileged to be nominated for the Versatile Blogging Award. I’m honored as always to be nominated by Johanne for this award. Her stories and life inspire me as I read and visit her blog daily. The versatile blogger is one way to pave the way forward to fellow bloggers and I love her inspiration and encouragement. She has an hearing impairment but it doesn’t restrain her at all. Thanks for the nomination and I gladly accept. If you haven’t had a chance, please visit her blog at https://momwhearingloss.wordpress.com/
1. Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share ten random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate ten more bloggers who are fairly new to blogging.
Ten random facts:
1. I love life – I hold on to life even with health issues and medical struggles.
2. Laughter is the best therapy I feel in stressful situations. I find blogging releases stress as I find many bloggers have a wonderful sense of humor.
3. I formally taught high school for 11 years until I retired 3 years ago. I was a late bloomer after the divorce.
4. I’m happiest with family and close friends surrounding me. It’s being more comfortable and familiarity with secure surroundings.
5. My secret desire is to visit exotic places, like Egyptian pyramids and tombs.
6. Natural landscapes are beautiful and reflective of my soul to me.
7. I would love to be a well-known writer and author in the future. I love creative writing, poetry and research, both fictional and nonfictional.
8. I am well-educated (maybe too much so). I obtained my Doctorate after divorce though.
9. I was married nearly 15 years during my first relationship and involved over 13 years with my second relationship. I do not have any children from marriage.
10. I feel in my heart that I will write more books and poetry in the future. It is hard work but I will persevere.
I enjoy following all of these blogs on a regular basis. They are very interesting to read and I am inspired in different ways from their blogs and from them.
My 10 nominees:
1. YesterdayAfter (http://yesterdayafter.com/) – I enjoy looking at Carolina’s artistic creations, her artwork and jewelry. She is multi-talented and very sweet. She is not just a fellow blogger. I feel I have known her part of my life. She has nominated me for several awards and has many awards herself. She probably doesn’t need another one. She is an incredible person.
2. Shade But No Shade (https://shadebutnoshade.wordpress.com/) – I found Karen online. Her beautiful posts and stories give a different and refreshing prospective on life. Her blog is a reflection of her soul where you can find in many shades anytime.
3. V-Pub (https://weight2lose2013.wordpress.com/) – Songwriter and Artist, I enjoy reading Rob’s posts and visiting his blog. He is awesome in writing songs. A must-read blog for music lovers and musicians.
4. Krista (https://fromfoodstampstoafuture.wordpress.com/) – Her posts are an inspiration and encouraging in many ways. I love her positive attitude toward life. Just her smile shows that!
5. MeRaw (http://alienblob.com/how-it-all-began/) – is a blog about a mother battling cancer. She had a son who battled cancer before his passing last year. Read her stories and be inspired as she does me.
6. I Am Not Sick Boy (http://iamnotsickboy.com/) – Read Patty’s blog which is so inspiring. The story of her young son suffering from a chronic illness before his passing. She gives helpful and researched information on chronic illnesses not only affecting children but adults too.
7. Lionheart (https://musingsofadelusionalmind.wordpress.com/) – is an inspirational blog where I find encouraging words. Read her amazing posts of humane behavior, hope and poetry.
8. JC (https://nimbus432.wordpress.com) – is a blog I enjoy because of its originality and life with post Parkinson’s disease. Stories and posts that will inspire readers and fellow bloggers. Very inspiring to me as it will be for you to read.
9. Purple Slob In Recovery (https://purpleslobinrecovery.wordpress.com/) – Very encouraging blog which I enjoy reading daily. She describes her life as a mother, wife and grandmother. She has a very positive side to life.
10. Andrew M Ferrell (https://andrewmferrell.wordpress.com/) – is a blog about books, written works and authors. There are also interviews with authors particularly with new books. I enjoy reading and visiting his blog regularly.
Please do not feel like you have to accept the nomination but I hope you do. It is a lot of work but I would like to hear and learn more about you. annepm2015@ (https://annermurray.wordpress.com/)
I have been blessed to have a generous amount of awards this past month. More so I am blessed with friends and fellow bloggers that read and visit my blog regularly. I am appreciative and honored to accept these awards. It also helps other bloggers get recognition of their wonderful sites, as well as new blogs. I want to thank the lovely Carolina for her warmth, generosity and friendship in nominating me for the “STARLIGHT Blogger Award.” It is a new award for blogs that are considered “The light emanating from the stars,“ the bloggers that brings daily light into your soul with their creativity, the blogs you love to read, listen and visit! I feel we are all beacons of light coming together. Please take a moment to visit her fabulous artistic creations and jewelry at http://yesterdayafter.com/.
Nominations Rules: Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger. Rules for the STARLIGHT Blogger Award:
- Thank the giver and link their Blog to your post.
- Answer the 3 questions given to you.
- Please Pass the award on to 6 or more other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog. Please never alter the logo and never change the rules.
Please don’t delete this note: The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image you cannot alter or change it in any way. Just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo My Questions: 1. If you describe or picture your inner soul how will you describe it? My soul is a mirror image of myself, my artistic style and creativity. I love to create and write. Poetry has been a new adventure for me and I discovered I quite enjoy it. Writing reflects my soul – full of love and positive nature. I am weary of negativity and pessimism. My soul is reflective of my inner feelings, which I portray these feelings (anger, sadness, happiness) through my main characters in my books and poetry. My soul reflects honesty, trust and acceptance of one another. My soul is pure and uninhibited. My soul is a playful child sometimes, yet I am mature in age. I am a motivator and love to inspire others. 2. What are you working on right now? I have been working on finishing my fourth book and second novel, Wounded Heart In Flight, this summer. I am hoping to have that finished by the end of this month and published by next month. Keep your fingers crossed! There have been a few delays already. I am gathering poems together to create a book of poetry to have published this fall. I have ideas for a fifth book next fall but that is not set in concrete right now. 3. What is your creative dream project? I have quite a few dream projects. My primary creative dream project is being established as a writer and author. I want readers to go to every book store and find my books on the shelves. I want to be known as a professional writer and heard in every household. My nominees for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award are: 1. Shirazien (https://coffeewithnoor.wordpress.com/) 2. Oscar (https://oscarrelentos.wordpress.com/) 3. Ngobesing (http://yoursuccessinspirer.com/) 4. Felicia (http://lovelifeeat.com/) 5. Autumn (http://www.welcometomyworldam.com/) 6. Greg (http://bigredcarpetnursing.com/) 7. Donna (https://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/) 8. Ed (https://jehurst.wordpress.com/) 9. Inspiring Max (http://www.inspiringmax.com/) 10. Janice (http://mycurrentnewsblog.com/) I will link to these amazing Starlight Bloggers. I had more than 6 nominees. Please make sure to visit their Blogs because they are awesome and so inspiring as writers, artists and poets! Please note: No one should feel obligated to accept this award or to link back. These blogs are inspiring and I’ve enjoyed visiting them on a regular basis. If you do decide to accept this award, that’s greatly appreciated! New Questions For Those Who Accept: 1. What hinders your creativity (if you could say one thing)? 2. Why do you create? (Please be specific) 3. What advice could you give to new bloggers for creativity or inspiration? If you decided to accept the STARLIGHT Blogger Award, please put a link to the post in my comments. Also please nominate at least 6 bloggers for this amazing award. Thank you and have a great time! annepm2015@ https://annermurray.wordpress.com/)
I want to thank Carolina for nominating my blog for this wonderful and striking award the “Encouraging Thunder.” With much appreciation, I am honored by this nomination and accept with pride. If you get an opportunity, please visit her blog for her beautiful art, creations and expressions. You will be amazed at her artistic creativity and talent. Her blog is as awesome as she is. Please take a look at http://yesterdayafter.com/. The Rules:
• Post it on your blog.
• Grant other bloggers the award.
What you cannot do:
1. Abuse or misuse the logo.
2. Claim that it is your own handmade logo.
What you should do after receiving the Encouraging Thunder Award:
• Enjoy the award!
• At least give thanks via comments, likes and/or mentioning the blog that you received the award from.
• Mention your purpose in blogging
My purpose in Blogging:
I first started to blog on January lst (New Year’s Day) this year for various reasons. First and foremost, is to connect to others around the world. Second, I wanted to vent my own feelings and frustrations with chronic illness experienced the past five years. Another reason in blogging is in part to promote my books and written works. Blogging has allowed me the enjoyment to meet others and make new acquaintances. I want to explore different styles of creative writing in various forms.
My nominees are:
These are all great bloggers and wonderful people. Their blogs I enjoy on a daily basis as well as their encouraging words. Please take a moment and visit their blogs today. annepm2015@ (https://annermurray.wordpress.com/)
Much thanks to Karen for her nomination of the Blog Tour Award. I am appreciative and accept the nomination with honor. Visit her blog for fabulous stories and posts anytime of the day at https://shadebutnoshade.wordpress.com/. Her beautiful stories will inspire you as they do me.
The rules: 1. Pass the tour on up to four other bloggers. 2. Give your nominees the rules and a specific Monday to post. 3. Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do. o How does my work differ from others in my genre? o How does my writing/creative process work? o Why do I write or create what I do? o What I’m working on at the moment? 4. Compose a one-time post on a specific Monday (date given from your nominator). Continue reading
For the past week, I have been nominated for three awards. Much thanks to YesterdayAfter for the 3 nominations. I appreciate her kindness and honored. Besides The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award, I have been nominated for The Creative Blogger Award and The Liebster Blog Award. If you have a chance, please go to her blog at http://yesterdayafter.com/ for wonderful stories and posts. 5 Random Facts About Me! 1. I love creative writing, poetry and reflections. 2. I am happiest with family and friends. 3. I enjoy watching British sitcoms and episodes. 4. I have become entertained by spooky programs lately. 5. Spaghetti and pasta are my favorite foods. Her Questions: 1. Why do you have a Blog? To connect to others, to maintain spontaneity in writing world, to promote my books, writing and poetry. 2. What inspire you the most? Many things inspire me but it would be creativity and interesting stories/people. 3. Do you like to create your work on day or night? Nights are when all is quiet and no interruptions/disturbances. I can do my best work then. G4. What is your favorite book? and why? Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell. Being from the South, I enjoy civil war stories. 5. What mood do you have when you create? I am with my main characters’ moods usually. I try to get into their roles. 6. Who is your favorite Artist? Rembrandt is my favorite painter and Michael Bolton is my favorite singer. 7. Do you prefer the Ocean or Mountains? Both actually but the mountains are my favorite. 8. What type of jewelry do you like? Rings – first and earrings second. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. 9. Tea or Coffee? Lattes anyone (coffee)? lol 10. What is your dream? A cure for cancer and autoimmune diseases. Health restoration and travel around the world (in health).
Rules for The Creative Blogger Award: Post 5 random facts about ourselves and nominate others.
The rules for The Liebster Blog Award: 1. Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. 2. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post. 3. Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. 4. Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees. 5. Copy these rules in the post. 6. ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION.
My questions are: 1. What 3 things would take with you on a deserted island? (only 3 things maximum) 2. What is number 1 priority on your bucket list? 3. Are you fulfilled in life? Why? 4. What time in life (modern or historical) would you want to live in? Why? 5. If you knew this was your last day on earth, what would you do? 6. What is your dream job? 7. If you won the lottery today, what would you do with the money? 8. What was your favorite subject in school? 9. Who was your favorite childhood friend? 10. Did you have a favorite pet growing up?
I want to nominate these wonderful blogs! I follow and visit these blogs on a regular basis. Make sure to click their links and enjoy the visit! And the 10 nominees are:
SD Gates (http://sdgateswriter.com/)
Just Plain Ol Vic (http://justplainolvic.com/)
Simply Marquessa (http://marquessamatthews.com/)
Ameena k.g. (https://randomsbyarandom.wordpress.com/)
Louise Fowler (http://louisefowler.com/)
I hope that you have fun answering all the questions. I wish you having fun nominating others! If you do decide to accept the nomination, please link to the post in my comments enjoy and have fun!
My blog has grown with many other blogs I have come across. I am happy to support my followers and viewers as well. I want to thank YesterdayAfter for nominating me for “The Sisterhood of the World” Bloggers Award. I accept her invitation and appreciate the honor very much. Many thanks for her kindness and allowing me to promote great blogs. If you get an opportunity, please visit her blog at http://yesterdayafter.com/ for much good reading. annepm2015 (https://annermurray.worldpress.com)
Rules for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award: Thank the giver and link their blog to your post. Answer the 10 questions given to you. Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of their choice and let them know that they have been nominated. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.
1. Why do you have a Blog? Frankly, my sister asked me to start a blog a couple of years ago. I chose to start writing a book instead. I started a blog in late December, right after Christmas. I had multiple reasons to blog. I wanted to write about my illnesses, connect to others and to promote my books (now writing my fourth).
2. What inspires you the most? People who have courageous stories to tell, people who have incredible stories, people who have life-changing or tragic events, and the list goes on. Many things inspire me actually.
3. Do you like to create your work in day or night? Believe it or not, I’m most creative at night or early mornings. I get distracted most in daytime with phone calls, interruptions, etc. Nighttime is quiet and more relaxing to create. Sometimes, I’m up all night writing. I have to write when I feel creative or I lose the momentum.
4. What is your favorite book and why? I love “Gone With The Wind” by Margaret Mitchell. Being from the Deep South, this book inspired me early in life. I love watching the movie about civil war days in the Old South too. Gives a different perspective on life back then.
5. What mood do you have when you create? I’m usually feeling my characters in my books or novels when I create. I feel passion, yet regret on the other hand. I feel sadness, yet hostility on the other hand. One time I was writing feeling anger in my main character, when my sister called wondering why I was angry.
6. What is your favorite Color? I love baby doll or pale blue. Also love royal blue. It was my grandmother’s favorite color too.
7.Do you prefer the Ocean or Mountain? I love both actually but I prefer the Mountain. As you can see from my header image on my blog, I’m in love with majestic and snow-capped mountain tops. Gorgeous scenery and so natural landscapes.
8. What type of jewelry do you like? I enjoy all types but my favorites are rings. Rubies or diamonds are a girl’s best friend. My second favorites are earrings.
9. Tea or Coffee? I like both tea and coffee but coffee lattes are out of this world. I would kill for a caramel latte anytime. lol
10. What is your dream? To become physically healthy (restored health) and well. To find a cure for cancer and autoimmune diseases. To be mobile and travel the world. To finish my bucket list. I am nominating these 7 ladies’ blogs that I have made connections with in different and special ways:
Deborah A. Bowman (http://bowmanauthor.com/)
Divorce With Me (https://divorcewithme.wordpress.com/)
Dark Shadows (https://pitofultimatedarkshadows.wordpress.com/)
Catherine Hamrick (http://randomstoryteller.com/)
Jessica Edouard (https://sendsunshine.wordpress.com/)
No one should feel obligated to accept or participate. I want others to connect to your great blogs as they have inspired me.
Questions For Those Who Accept:
1. If you could personally go back in time, when and where would it be? Why? (Anytime whether modern or historical)
2. What are your ambitions/desires in life?
3. What is your main challenge? (good or bad)
4. What would complete/satisfy your life?
5. What is your dream job?
6. What is your favorite movie? Why?
7. What would be number 1 priority on your bucket list?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. If you had 3 things to take with you on an island, what would they be?
10. What is your biggest fear?
Remember ladies to just have fun. If you do accept and I hope you do, please link to the post in my comments. Please enjoy answering the questions, nominating others and just having fun.
Okay, here we go again! No wonder I can’t get off the computer. lol I was nominated by Aquileana for the Black Wolf Blogger Award (Sparkles Version). I had nominated her for the Creative Blogger Award. We crossed somehow, but I do appreciate the nomination. I want to thank Aquileana https://aquileana.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/%E2%96%BAgreek-mythology-helen-of-troy-poem-helen-of-troy-by-sue-dreamwalker/ for her nomination. ►Rules for this Award ♠ Thank the person who nominated you for the award. ♠ Add the logo to your post. ♠Nominate ten (10) bloggers you admire and inform your nominees by commenting on their blogs. Continue reading
I have been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award. When I got this my first question was, “What is the Creative Blogger Award?” Truth is, I’m been nominated for several awards this past week that I think my brain has exploded by now. Thanks to Rusty Garner Smith for nominating me. I am appreciative and hope I do you some justice.